Church of Paoy
Parish founded by Augustinian Missionaries, 1593. Cornerstone of church Laid, 1704; of convent 1707; of tower, 1793. Used before completion and kept in repair by the people under the joint auspices of the Church and the town officials. Inauguration ceremonies, 28 February 1896. Church damage by earthquake,1706 and 1927. Tower used as observation post by katipuneros during the revolution by Guerrilleros during the Japanese Occupation.